So, my sister-in-law makes THE BEST cream of broccoli soup. EVER. And she won’t give me the recipe because the person who gave it to her made her swear never to give it away.
Can’t she cheat a little? I was determined to make this cream of broccoli soup and it had to be just as good. In the end, it was my husband who made a suggestion that made the soup rock. I was missing the cheese!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to pay my blogging expenses, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement and/or link to products mentioned on this blog. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out this post if you want some tips for growing broccoli. It includes another recipe, and yeah, that one has bacon and cheese in it as well.
Of course, I always use bacon without nitrates from pastured pigs and cheese from grass-fed cows when I can get it for my cheesy cream of broccoli soup.
And if you want to be amazed at how healthy broccoli is, read 43 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Broccoli.
Do you have a sister-in-law that won’t give away her recipes? Mine also makes sesame-seed chicken wings that are to-die-for.
You guessed it – I can’t get that recipe either, but I love her so much anyway.
More Great Soup Recipes
Cheesy Cream of Broccoli Soup with Bacon
- 1/2 pound nitrate-free bacon chopped
- 4 cups broccoli diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 4 cups beef or chicken bone broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Sauté the chopped bacon until crisp.
- Add onion and celery and sauté until tender.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the bone broth, broccoli, and parsley and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cayenne powder. Puree with a potato masher or immersion blender. (I like to keep it a little chunky).
- In a small sauce pan, melt the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir in arrowroot powder.
- Slowly add in milk and cream, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Add the cream mixture to the soup, along with the cheeses.
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
Thank you for visiting Learning And Yearning. May "the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26