We have lots of company at our summer cottage and we love to cook out on the charcoal grill. Burgers are great, but sometimes we want something a little more fun. That’s when we make grilled chicken fajitas!
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to pay my blogging expenses, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement and/or link to products mentioned on this blog. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The tortillas for the grilled chicken fajitas may be store bought, but I prefer to make my own. I absolutely love this recipe for homemade flour tortillas because it uses lard, although I use sprouted wheat flour.
And by the way, if you don’t have a chimney for starting your charcoal, you really should look into it. No starter fluid is required, so it saves money and starter fluid is so nasty. I recommend stainless steel because it lasts a lot longer than aluminum.
What’s your favorite thing to cook on the grill?
Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- the chicken that has been marinating
- 1 each red, yellow, and green peppers cored and cut in half
- 1 large red onion peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- 8 flour tortillas
- Combine the marinade ingredients.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade and allow to sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Sear the chicken on both sides on a hot grill. Move to an area of the grill that has medium heat to continue cooking.
- Place onions and pepper halves on the grill and close the cover. Cook the vegetables until they are browned and tender, turning once.
- Cook the chicken for approximately 10 minutes per side (for boneless thighs – breasts may cook more quickly) until the temperature has reached 160°F.
- Allow to rest for several minutes after removing the chicken from the grill and to allow the temperature to rise another 5 degrees.
- Slice the chicken, onions, and peppers into strips. Place on flour tortillas and top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Aren’t the photos beautiful? That’s because my friend, Kim Winey took them!
Thank you for visiting Learning And Yearning. May "the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26