© Depositphotos.com/[agneskantaruk] – Terms and Conditions
If summer had a taste, it would be peaches, don’t you think? Preserving that taste in low sugar peach jam means you can delight in that taste all winter long.
I pack homemade yogurt in Mike’s lunch every day and this low sugar peach jam makes a fantastic topping for it. And he loves it on toast with butter or on a p&j sandwich.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to pay my blogging expenses, I may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement and/or link to products mentioned on this blog. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you haven’t yet tried Pomona’s Pectin, you don’t know what you’re missing. You can make all kinds of delicious jams and jellies without all the sugar. Sweeten it to taste with low amounts of any sweetener: sugar, honey, maple syrup, stevia, or even frozen juice concentrate.
I don’t use honey in recipes where the honey doesn’t remain raw, but I don’t mind using a little sugar as long as it’s not over-the-top.
If you love peaches, you’ll also love this post on dehydrating them: How to Dry Fresh Peaches from Salt in My Coffee.
How to Make Low Sugar Peach Jam
Here’s how I make low sugar peach jam:
More Jelly and Jam Posts You’ll Enjoy
Low Sugar Peach Jam
- The package of Pomona's Pectin contains 2 smaller packages. One is pectin powder and the other is calcium powder. Put 1/2 teaspoon white calcium powder and 1/2 cup water in a small jar with lid. Shake well. (Any leftover calcium water will last for several months in the refrigerator, or may be frozen indefinitely).
- Combine mashed peaches and lemon or lime juice into a pan.
- Add 4 teaspoons of calcium water to the peaches and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar and 1 tablespoon of the pectin powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring the peach mixture to a full boil. Add the sugar-pectin mixture. Stir constantly for 2 minutes to dissolve the sugar and pectin. Return to a full boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the jam into clean, hot, 8 ounce canning jars to 1/4" of top. Wipe rims of jar clean and screw on 2-piece canning lids. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Thank you for visiting Learning And Yearning. May "the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26