Do you like pecan pie? It’s one of my favorites for
Thanksgiving anytime. There’s no reason to make it with corn syrup and refined sugar when using maple syrup and unrefined sugar is so delicious. The maple flavor is not overpowering nor is it overly sweet. Maple Pecan Pie is simply delicious!
I often bring my Maple Pecan Pie to gatherings, and people are impressed. They somehow think that a pecan pie is harder to make than other types of pie.
But I think it’s much easier because there’s no peeling, chopping, or puréeing involved. Mix, pour, and bake. Making the crust is the hardest part.
Give it a try for your next gathering, but be sure to make enough because your guests will be sure to ask for seconds!
Sweet Maple Sugarmaking
If you are interested in learning more about tapping your own maple trees for syrup, or using that maple syrup in both sweet and savory recipes, you’ll love Michelle Vissar’s book, Sweet Maple: Backyard Sugarmaking From Tap to Table.
Michelle, and her husband Bill, will guide you every step of the way as you learn to make your own syrup, and the book is full of tips to keep you from making some of the same mistakes they’ve made over the years.
And after you’re done making that delicious syrup, you can enjoy the many recipes the book offers. Recipes like Maple Sandwich Bread, Maple Blueberry Pie, and even Maple Pulled Pork Sandwiches.
You’ll also love:
Grandma’s Pie Crust Recipe from Attainable Sustainable
Maple Pecan Pie
For a 9" pie crust
For the crust
- Cut butter into flour and salt until the butter is the size of peas.
- Sprinkle in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Mix with a fork until the flour is moist and it forms a ball; don’t over mix.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate while you make the filling.
For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rack at the lowest position in your oven.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add maple syrup, coconut sugar, melted butter and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into ta 9" pie shell and bake for 35 – 40 minutes until golden brown and the filling is set.
Thank you for visiting Learning And Yearning. May "the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26